Selected features of Antiquity
Presentations of features like mysteries, clubs, magic etc
- Ancient Jewish Accounts of Jesus
Ancient Jewish Accounts of Jesus
- Ancient Roman Baths
Bathing played a major part in ancient Roman culture and society. Bathing was one of the most common daily activities in Roman culture, and was practiced across a wide variety of social classes.
- Associations, Synagogues, and Congregations
Associations, Synagogues, and Congregations website by Philip Harland.
- Bloch, René, Von Scene zu Scene: Das judische Theater in der Antike
Published in Simone Haeberli, ed., Juden in ihrer Umwelt. Akkulturation des Judentums in Antike und Mittelalter. Basel
Capharnaum; the town of Jesus
Materials for the Study of Women and Gender in the Ancient World
- Dreams of Antiquity
Dreams of Antiquity Bibliographische Online-Datenbank zu Träumen und Visionen in der Antike
- Glossary of Rhetorical terms
Glossary of Rhetorical terms with Examples
- Greco-Roman Religions: Religious Associations
A look a unique part of Greco-Roman religious culture – the «private religious association.
- Johnston, The Associations of the Graeco-Roman World
Article by R. L. Johnston, Jr. 1958.
Comprehensive site dealing with the traditions of the mysterious Lilith
- Project on Ancient Cultural engagement
PACE: Project on Ancient Cultural engagement; a variety of sources and literature/links
- Religion in Hellenistic Athens
Full text of Mikalson, Jon D. Religion in Hellenistic Athens. Berkeley: University of California Press, c1998 1998.
- Riedl, Gottheiten und Kulte in der Dekapolis
Dissertation available as pdf files
- The Eleusinian Mysteries
Sources of information regarding the Eleusinian Mysteries include the ruins of the sanctuary there; numerous statues, bas reliefs, and pottery; reports from ancient writers etc
- Treaties and Legal Contracts from the Ancient Near East
Treaties and Legal Contracts from the Ancient Near East
- Women in the Ancient Near East
Women in the Ancient Near East: A Select Bibliography . Somewhat dated.